(My apologies for the poor formatting). I used an 8 1/2″ x 11″ piece of Thick Whisper White Cardstock and scored using half inch increments instead of using the centimeter markings listed below. You can experiment with different sizes of Thick Whisper White cardstock for different frame sizes. Stamp sets used: Flowering Fields and And Many More (“my friend”). Papers used: watercolor paper, Whisper White, Thick Whisper White and Blackberry Bliss. Inks used: Black Archival, Hello Honey, Lost Lagoon, Blackberry Bliss, Old Olive and Calypso Coral. Accessories used: Bigshot, Greetings Thinlits, Triple Banner Punch, Word Window Punch, Linen Thread, Tear & Tape, Sticky Strip Red Tape, Tombow Adhesive Runner and Blender Pens.
Frame: 8 1/2″ x 11″ piece of Thick Whisper White Cardstock
Watercolor paper: 3″ x 5 1/2″
Blackberry Bliss: 3 1/4″ x 5 3/4″
Linen Thread: 48″
Hello Banner Blackberry Bliss: 3/4″ x 5″
Hello Scrap Whisper White at least 3/4″ x 3 3/4″
Whisper White cardstock backing piece: a smidge smaller than 3/4″ x 3 1/2″
Shadow Box Frame Card Tutorial – A6 panel with 1cm Box Sides and Top
Start off with a 25 x 20.7cm piece of Thick Whisper White cardstock cut from a piece of A4 card…
1. Score at 1, 2, 3 and 4 cm on all 4 sides.
Tip – start with the short side (ie with the card panel PORTRAIT)
2. With the panel LANDSCAPE – make an “extra short score” at 5cm & 20cm from top to 2ndscore-line down .
3. Turn 180 degrees and repeat (2)
4. Cut up these extra score lines and diagonally across to the 3rd
6. Fold all scored lines
7. Apply Tear & Tape to folded side of outer-most sections on all 4 sides
8. Apply Sticky Strip across back of 4 diagonal sections
9. Assemble straight sides first.
Remove part of red protective cover
10. Line up outer edge to inner score-line at that end & press down flat to stick.
11. Line up outer edge to inner score line at other end & pull out rest of red protective cover to stick. Now your box section should pop up … nice and square and straight!!
12. Repeat for other straight edge
13. Now onto the 2 notched ends …. Repeat process for the 2 straight sides BUT…. and this is the MOST important TIP…. Remove red protective cover on the 2 small diagonals and cover with some longer lengths of scrap red protective
14. Fold the straight edge down as before & glue into place
15. Then push the sides up & over the square/box side sections, get the mitres/diagonals in place & then pull the red protective cover out (concentrating on one corner at a time!)
16. Repeat for the other notched side.
17. UPDATE: HONESTLY, after making more of these since the camp, I just go straight to using hot glue on the mitered corners.
Courtesy of Amanda Bates
SHOP 24/7 AT http://www.TheresaPingel.Stampinup.net